Micro Air Abrasion: A Gentle Approach to Dental Care
When it comes to dental care, most people want a solution that is effective, minimally invasive, and comfortable. Thanks to advancements in dental technology, the dental office of Dr. Frederic Gaeta now has a technique that checks all these boxes: micro air abrasion.
This technique is a gentle way of removing decay, stains, and other dental imperfections without damaging healthy tooth structure. Our general dentist in Kailua-Kona, HI, has helped countless patients in Kahaluu-Keauhou, Kalaoa, and Haluaoa improve their oral health with air abrasion technology.
What Is Micro Air Abrasion?
Micro air abrasion is a dental technique that uses a fine stream of air and powder particles to gently remove surface stains, decay, and other dental imperfections. The powder used in Micro Air Abrasion can be made of aluminum oxide, baking soda, or other gentle materials.
Benefits of Micro Air Abrasion
Micro air abrasion is a gentle technique that removes imperfections without damaging the healthy tooth structure. This means less discomfort and faster recovery time.
Faster Recovery Time
Since micro air abrasion is less invasive, patients typically experience a swifter recovery time.
Preserves Healthy Tooth Structure
Unlike traditional methods that require drilling, Micro Air Abrasion preserves healthy tooth structure, which helps to maintain the tooth’s strength and integrity.
A micro air abrasion is a cost-effective option for treating dental imperfections, especially for patients with minor issues.
Micro air abrasion can treat various dental issues, including decay, stains, and even small cavities.
What Can Micro Air Abrasion Treat?
This painless alternative to dental drills can help treat various oral health issues, such as:
- Stains: Air abrasion can effectively remove surface stains caused by smoking, drinking coffee, tea, or wine, and other dietary factors.
- Decay: Micro air abrasion can remove small areas of decay in teeth, which can help prevent the need for more invasive treatments like fillings or root canals.
- Enamel Defects: This treatment can also treat enamel defects like white spots on teeth caused by fluorosis or other factors.
- Small Cavities: This technology can treat cavities by removing the decay and filling the area with a tooth-colored filling material.
How Does Micro Air Abrasion Work?
Micro air abrasion uses a specialized device that delivers a fine stream of air and powder particles to the affected area. The device is gentle and precise, so it can effectively remove decay, stains, and other dental imperfections without damaging the healthy tooth structure.
The process involves the following steps:
- Preparation: Before the Micro Air Abrasion procedure, Dr. Gaeta will clean and dry the affected tooth or area.
- Application: Dr. Gaeta will direct the air-powder stream at the affected area, removing the imperfections layer by layer.
- Finishing: Once the imperfections are removed, your Kailua-Kona dentist will polish and smooth the tooth or area to restore its natural appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, micro air abrasion is a gentle technique that causes minimal discomfort. Patients may feel a tickling during the procedure, but it’s generally painless. Additionally, since micro air abrasion is minimally invasive, patients experience less discomfort and faster recovery time compared to traditional methods.
The length of a micro air abrasion procedure depends on the extent of the dental issue. In general, micro air abrasion procedures are relatively quick and can be completed in a single visit to the dentist’s office.
Micro air abrasion is suitable for patients with mild to moderate dental imperfections. It’s also a good option for patients with sensitive teeth or who want a minimally invasive approach to dental care.
The coverage for micro air abrasion depends on the patient’s dental insurance plan. Some dental insurance plans cover the cost of micro air abrasion, while others may not. It’s best to check with your dental insurance provider to see if micro air abrasion is covered under your plan.
Discover the Power of Non-Invasive Air Abrasion
Micro Air Abrasion is a gentle, effective, and minimally invasive technique for treating dental imperfections. With this technique, you can enjoy a healthier, more beautiful smile without any pain or discomfort associated with traditional dental treatments.
Call the Kailua-Kona dental office of Dr. Gaeta at (808) 329-3314 to schedule an appointment. You can also book your visit online by filling out our contact form.