Your Journey to a Dazzling Smile Starts Here
Do you look in the mirror and wish your smile sparkled brighter? If you’re ready to reinvigorate your smile’s appearance, Dr. Gaeta offers porcelain veneers to take your smile from dull to dazzling. With veneers, we can design your dream smile and cover any cosmetic dental imperfections to achieve your ideal look. Discover how Dr. Gaeta can make your smile dreams come true with porcelain veneers by reading our patient-friendly guide below.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin ceramic shells that bond directly to the front surfaces of your teeth, giving your smile a naturally beautiful appearance. Your veneers will be customized to perfectly match the shade and shape of your teeth, ensuring that you achieve your desired look. With veneers, we can help cover any unwanted minor cosmetic imperfections.
We use porcelain veneers to fix the following dental issues:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Weakened tooth structures
Porcelain Veneer Benefits
Patients love porcelain veneers due to the variety of benefits that accompany them, including:
- Non-invasive procedure
- Completed in just two visits to our Kailua-Kona office
- Personalized for you
- Can last up to 15 years
- Stain-resistant porcelain
The Porcelain Veneer Process
The journey to your new smile will consist of two appointments to our Kailua-Kona dental practice. Your initial consultation with Dr. Gaeta will start with an oral health examination, a discussion of your smile goals, and a detailed explanation of the entire veneers process. This visit determines whether porcelain veneers are the best solution for resolving your cosmetic dental issues.
Once you decide that porcelain veneers are the right choice for your oral health, we’ll schedule your first appointment at your earliest convenience. The entire veneers process will be completed in the following steps:
- Your first appointment begins with our team performing digital scans of your teeth. This allows us to create customized veneers that fit into your mouth perfectly.
- Next, we’ll gently buff off a small portion of your enamel to make room for the veneers. You’ll leave our Kailua-Kona office with a temporary set of veneers to protect your teeth while your custom restorations are made.
- Over the next two weeks, a dental lab will create your personalized veneers. Once they’re ready, we’ll contact you to schedule your next appointment.
- You’ll return to your Kailua-Kona office where we’ll affix the veneers to the front of your teeth with cement, ensuring a lasting bond.
- Once placed, Dr. Gaeta will examine and adjust your veneers as needed to give you your ideal look. You’ll then leave our office with a new, flawless smile.
Caring for Veneers
Porcelain veneers aren’t a permanent solution to cosmetic dental problems, but with proper care, they can last up to 15 years. Luckily, caring for your veneers is simple. In addition to keeping up with your regular oral care routine of brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and rinsing with an alcohol-free mouthwash, make sure to visit our Kailua-Kona practice once every six months. These biannual visits allow us to perform professional deep cleanings, checkups, and evaluate your veneers to ensure they’re in great shape.
Dr. Gaeta also recommends avoiding or cutting down on staining foods and beverages, such as coffee, wine, and berries. Also take caution when eating hards foods like candy, nuts, and ice to avoid damaging your veneers.
Proudly Show Off Your Smile
Ready to achieve your dream smile that you can proudly show off to the world? With porcelain veneers, Dr. Gaeta can give you results that are uniquely you while also boosting your oral health. Learn why porcelain veneers are a patient favorite by contacting our Kailua-Kona dental office at (808) 329-3314. You can also reach out through our convenient online contact form and one of our team members will be in touch soon.